Tuesday, February 22

I Dreamed a Simple Dream

13 years ago today, my mother was one of the women who styled herself with class,
My days went on imitating how she dresses,
Her blazers, her heels, her necklaces, even her lipsticks.
13 years after, my mother is still wearing what have always been her favorites.

13 years ago today, my mother was a trust-worthy worker,
My days went on observing how she talks to other,
Her tone of voices, her use of words, made all the respects went to her.
13 years after, my mother is the source of my character.

13 years ago today, I infinitely adored her.
For everyone's sake, she was one of the most beautiful women ever.
Her bags was not as incredibly exquisite as Hermes,
but I assured she smelled like she had used the most amazing perfumes.
13 years after, she smells elegantly just like roses.

13 years ago today, I told her to keep all her dresses she ever wore,
I whispered to her, "When I grow up, I want to be exactly just like who you were".
She smiled beautifully and kissed my hair, saying:
"You will, honey. Trust me, you will grow up stunning."

13 years after, my life is on its way to being twenty.
I dress absolutely better than her, but she teaches me how not to live in vanity.
Today, I am the luckiest daughter to lend her my makeups,
get her whatever she wants, and buy her everything she needs.

Everyone can be a mother, but not every mother can be a mom.
I have always dreamed of this dream, a very simple dream.Today,
I have gone from a cocoon to a butterfly,
and my mother finally says, "Go, daughter. Go fly."
13 years ago today, I wanted to be like my mother.
13 years after, I want to be a mother.




Based on cerita Cita-cita sederhana #2 and translated by my friend Jessica Anandajoo.
Danke mijn vriendin, keep on fighting on writing :)

1 comment:

  1. suka sekali sama post yang ini & versi bahasa indonesia nya..
    kereeeennn :D

    ReplyDelete

Powered By Blogger